According to Patrick Lencioni, author of the bestselling book The Three Signs of a Miserable Job, there are three underlying factors that are causing what he believes has become an epidemic in today’s business world:
- Anonymity:Employees feel unknown or invisible at work.
- Irrelevance:Employees sense the work they are doing has no impact.
- Immeasurement: Employees are unable to measure their contributions or success.
- Understand the difference between a bad job and a miserable job
- Know the effects of job misery on employees and organizations
- Learn the Three Signs of a Miserable Job Model
- Discover if direct reports are miserable
- Learn techniques to improve job satisfaction and productivity
Managing for Employee Engagement helps managers get their arms around what causes job misery and provides them with simple, but successful solutions for boosting job satisfaction in their employees.
How It Works
Managing for Employee Engagement is a comprehensive training package that offers a manager assessment and a flexible half-day to full-day workshop design. It can be used by anyone who wants to help managers improve their performance, including trainers, consultants, and managers of managers. No special certification is required—everything that’s needed to prepare for and facilitate a high-impact training session is included in the Facilitator Set. Managing for Employee Engagement can also be used for self-study learning.