In today’s fast-paced workplace, decisions often have to be made quickly, effectively and without doubt. It is increasingly important for employees to be able to think critically on their own. When employees excel at critical thinking, they can assess all possible approaches to a problem and choose the best solution confidently and calmly.
Executives repeatedly highlight critical thinking skills as a sought-after trait in new hires and current employees. The AMA Critical Skills Survey asked 2,115 managers and executives to assess the importance of critical thinking skills. Seventy-two percent agreed that current employees’ success is measured by their critical thinking skills. When asked if their organizations make an effort to assess critical thinking when hiring new employees, seventy-six percent said yes.
This course will enable you to learn the components of critical thinking and avoid blocks to critical thinking. As a result, you’ll be able to think more creatively and independently, make better decisions by problem solving systematically, identify the value of ideas and reach well-reasoned conclusions.
• Define critical thinking.
• Identify and adopt the characteristics of critical thinking.
• Recognize and avoid critical thinking mistakes.
• Identify assumptions.
• Evaluate information accurately and thoroughly.
• Distinguish between fact and opinion.
• Implement the critical thinking process in business situations.
• How critical thinking enables you to think creatively, solve problems systematically, and detects inconsistencies in reasoning
• The Johari Window of awareness
• Critical thinking mistakes like rationalization, emotional thinking, forms of bias, and tunnel vision
• How examination, exploration and evaluation can be used to heighten your critical thinking
Leaders and managers who want to learn the components of critical thinking and avoid blocks to critical thinking.
The training can be completed in one of three ways:
4. Public Workshop
5. On-Site with one of our facilitators
6. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
HRCI – This workshop has been pre-approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 4 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org