Strong leadership is the critical foundation for an organization. It ensures goals are achieved on time, empowers individual employees, motivates teams to work in solidarity, and generates visions for future growth. Yet, it can be difficult to establish yourself as an influential leader.
The Ketchum Leadership Communication Monitor polled 6,509 people in 13 countries worldwide on their perceptions of effective leadership and communication. Only 22 percent of respondents felt leaders demonstrate effective leadership. Communication was cited as a top value in leadership, but only 29% felt their leaders were effective communicators.
These statistics, indicate that ineffective leadership is attributed to not having a clear leadership style. This course will enable you to adopt the qualities of an effective leader and communicate more constructively with your team by adjusting your behavioral style to meet the needs of employees. As a result, you’ll be better able to facilitate meetings smoothly, engage in constructive one-on-one conversations and ultimately, build rapport among colleagues.
• Identify the qualities of an effective leader.
• Make the mental shift from individual productivity to influencing others.
• Recognize style differences in others and cater to their preferences.
• Build rapport using verbal and nonverbal messages.
• Conduct constructive one-on-ones.
• Give positive and negative feedback to different styles.
• Develop individual motivation approaches for employees.
• Facilitate a meeting effectively.
• Understanding what behavior constitutes an effective leader
• Learning the four behavior styles and uncovering why these styles of leadership matter
• Mapping the nonverbal ways humans communicate to makes leaders more aware of subtle messages
• Developing methods of becoming a more open, attentive listener
• Being more constructive while giving negative and positive feedback or conducting one-on-ones
Leaders who want to understand how to adapt their leadership style.
The training can be completed in one of three ways:
1. Public Workshop
2. On-Site with one of our facilitators
3. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
HRCI – This workshop has been pre-approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 4 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org