Most managers and team leaders will not readily welcome the task of having to let an employee go or provide them with a negative performance review. These are just a couple of examples of those difficult conversations which are an unavoidable and recurring instance in the workplace. Despite their compelling presence, they don't have to be feared or dreaded–they can be handled in such away that increases self-confidence and encourages an environment of positivity.
Navigating Difficult Conversations introduces participants to a seven-stage process for taking control in these situations and minimizing negative backlash to affect an environment of reduced stress, increased trust, improved relationships, and higher productivity. With realistic examples and role-playing activities, this program helps participants as they prepare, carry-out, and close difficult conversations in the most productive manner -- leading them to embrace, rather than fear confrontation and produce long-lasting benefits for both the employee and organization
• What Conversations are Difficult?
• What Does it Take to Handle a Difficult Conversation?
• Stages of a Difficult Conversation
• Preparing for a Difficult Conversation
• Getting the Conversation Started
• Carrying Out the Conversation
• Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them.
• Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations.
• Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthens relationships.
• Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering the conversation.
• Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to a close.
Managers who want to understand how to navigate difficult conversations with employees
The training can be completed in one of three ways:
1. Public Workshop
2. On-Site with one of our facilitators
3. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org