Being a supervisor means taking on a lot of responsibility. Delegating, disciplining, moving the company forward and promoting key workers just scratches the surface of a supervisor’s responsibility. Therefore, if there is a disconnect between a supervisor and his or her employees, there is a huge cost to pay in productivity, team-building and communication.
According to an infographic at officevibe.com, three out of four employees think that their boss is the worst and most stressful aspect of their job. In addition, bad bosses cause companies to spend an estimate $360 billion each year in healthcare! Bad bosses also cause employees to be less productive.
Supervisor Communication Skills will teach you how to be a relatable, respectable and dependable supervisor able to keep all aspect of your team in-check. As a result, you will be able to have a clear direction, meet your employee’s needs, handle difficult conversations with ease, and boost your assertiveness as a boss.
• Identify the characteristics of assertive behavior and include them in your interactions.
• Ask directly for what you need without being aggressive.
• Confront problem behaviors successfully.
• Create equitable compromises with employees and peers.
• Hold others accountable.
• Manage conflicts to achieve productive outcomes.
• Deal with difficult people effectively.
• Implement strategies to avoid burnout
• Developing emotional awareness
• Understanding your level of assertiveness
• Establishing credibility and trust
• Anticipating typical responses to confrontation
• Understanding the escalation process
• Handling specific difficult personality types
Supervisors who want to improve communication skills
1. Public Workshop
2. On-Site with one of our facilitators
3. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
HRCI – This workshop has been pre-approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 7.5 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 7.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org