Workplace harassment can often be a touchy subject. Many employees are not fully aware of what constitutes harassment, and some employees who are harassed do not feel comfortable reporting their treatment. But harassment is a big problem in the work force. According to the Huffington Post, there were 26,027 charges of sexual harassment reported in a single year in the United States.
Harassment does not just harm the victims. Sexual harassment costs organizations by causing absenteeism and job turnover of victims. Ultimately, it generates an atmosphere that leads to decreased group work productivity, morale, collaboration and lowered employee engagement. This course is designed to teach participants how to build an organization culture that works to prevent harassment, and in effect build respect between employees.
• Understand what is sexual harassment?
• Define harassment from both a legal and real-world perspective
• Describe how harassment impacts individuals and the workplace
• Identify examples of harassment
• Describe options for handling harassment
• Practice confronting a harasser
• Identify steps in conducting an investigation
• Practice interviewing techniques used during an investigation
• What is harassment?
• What is a hostile environment?
• What is sexual harassment?
• Categories of sexual harassment
• Four elements in determining harassment
• How to handle harassment
• Case study
• Preventing harassment
Leaders, managers and employees who want to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
The training can be completed in one of four ways:
1. Public Workshop
2. Virtual Workshop
3. On-Site with one of our facilitators
4. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs
2019 Sexual Harassment Workshop Dates Coming Soon
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
HRCI – This workshop has been pre-approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 4 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org