There are more and more examples of employees misusing social media in ways that harm the organizations they work for. At a minimum, such actions create bad publicity, and at worst, they lead to damaging lawsuits that affect an organization’s success and profitability.
An understanding of the dos and don’ts of using social media at work is essential to every employee in every organization. An organization’s public image and reputation depend on how well it guides its employees to exercise good judgment when using social media, and on its ability to navigate the difficult situations that arise from social media interactions.
• Recognize the benefits of using social media in the workplace.
• Identify the various legal and ethical risks of using social media in the workplace.
• Protect your organization against legal action resulting from intentional or unintentional violations of law or policy.
• Encourage an “ambassador attitude” in employees.
• Provide guidelines that help employees make good decisions when using social media at work.
• Identify the elements of an effective social media policy.
• Prevalence of social media issues in the news.
• Who uses social media in the workplace.
• Business advantages and rewards of using social media effectively.
• Categories of risk associated with using social media at work.
• National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and its relation to social media.
• How to foster online etiquette and a proactive “ambassador attitude” among employees.
• Strategies to establish a social media presence that strengthens your organization’s reputation.
• Guidelines for building an effective, lawful social media policy and gaining employees’ support.
The training can be completed in one of four ways:
1. Public Workshop
2. Virtual Workshop
3. On-Site with one of our facilitators
4. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
HRCI – This workshop has been pre-approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 4 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org