Taking Control of Conflict is a half-day, experiential workshop is for individuals seeking guidance on how to manage conflict in business situations
When you think of your job, conflict probably—hopefully—isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. But have you ever found yourself complaining about having to work with a colleague who is particularly stubborn or bossy? Or perhaps replaying an encounter with your supervisor that left you feeling frustrated? Most people have been involved in some form of conflict in the workplace, its extent ranging from mild disagreements to explosive standoffs.
In fact, a study by CPP, Inc. found that 85 percent of employees at all levels experience conflict to some degree, and that employees spend a staggering 2.8 hours per week dealing with conflict—the equivalent of $359 billions of paid hours. Another study, cited by Psychometrics Canada, found that 76 percent of respondents have seen conflict result in personal insults and attacks, and 81 percent have seen conflict lead to someone leaving the organization.
• Identify your preferred strategy for handling conflict.
• Understand the characteristics and drawbacks of each typical approach to conflict.
• Recognize the various sources of conflict that most often occur in the workplace.
• Implement strategies for effectively resolving conflicts that stem from each source.
• Practice behaviors that minimize conflict.
• Proactively address issues before they escalate into problems.
• The five strategies that people use for managing conflict, as well as the underlying theory and model behind them.
• When it is appropriate to use each of the conflict strategies and how to overcome the habit of overusing any one approach.
• Creating a conflict resolution plan to think clearly during conflicts instead of succumbing to stress and automatic responses.
• The process of “unpacking” a complex, layered conflict with multiple sources.
• How to model right behaviors by practicing active listening.
• Communicating clearly and tactfully about sensitive issues that are causing tension.
• Establishing formal and informal expectations to prevent unnecessary conflict.
Individuals seeking guidance on how to manage conflict in business situations.
The training can be completed in one of three ways:
1. Public Workshop
2. On-Site with one of our facilitators
3. Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
HRCI – This workshop has been pre-approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 4 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org