A supervisor pays more roles than just the overseer. Supervisors often have to be mentors, delegators, diplomats, and disciplinarians. Therefore, supervisors have to know their employees’ strengths, weaknesses, triggers, and apprehensions and have the communication skills necessary to effectively steep employees in the right direction.
No matter how poor an employee’s behavior is, it is ultimately up to the supervisor to correct the behavior. Sometimes a bad supervisor can be the source of all the organization’s problems. According to a Huffington Post survey, employees with bad managers are the least productive workers. In fact, 65% of respondents said they would take a new boss over a pay raise!
This workshop is designed to help you understand your organization’s problems and challenges at a deeper level and give you the communication tools to become an inspiring supervisor. In this guide, you will learn the proper recourse to take with problem employees to resolve problems, create goals, work through personal issues, and mediate conflict. As a result, you will be better able to understand your employees’ behavior and motives and react appropriately to them.
• Use realism, restraint, and resolve when facing any tough challenge.
• Resolve conflicts between employees effectively.
• Deal with layoffs in a way that minimizes the negative effects.
• Show support for employees with performance issues while building a defensible case for discipline and/or termination if necessary.
• Deal with employees’ personal problems with sensitivity and fairness.
• Establish and following ground rules and frameworks to mediate conflict
• The symptoms and solutions of working with employees who do not take initiative, know it-all’s, whiners, and backstabbers
• How to identify types of personal problems and general performance issues related to those problems
• What problems absenteeism. Tardiness and inappropriate conduct might signal
• The process of EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• How to prepare termination and have a termination conversation with an employee
Supervisors who want to have the communication skills necessary to effectively step employees in the right direction.
The training can be completed in one of three ways:
1 Public Workshop
2 On-Site with one of our facilitators
3 Customizable- This workshop can be customized based on the unique needs of your organization. Contact us today at 832-234-4207 for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.
Ways to Register
Phone (credit card registration only) 1-832-234-4207
Email Click here to download the registration and Credit Card Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHRM– OEC² Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 4 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org